"your forest, our solutions"
Jamax Forest Solutions' principal is Steve Dobbyns.
Steve has extensive experience at a senior level in public and private sector forest management, with:
- 32 years experience in native forest and plantation management,
- 28 years experience in planning and supervising harvesting operations,
- 26 years experience in sales and marketing on the NSW north coast,
- 20 years experience in harvesting and haulage contract management,
- 5 years experience in export log sales and marketing,
- 2 years experience managing the Northern Regions Aerial Photography Interpretation Unit; and
- 13 years as an independent forestry consultant.
Steve is a Registered Forestry Professional™ (RFP 110) with a Bachelor of Science (Forestry) degree. For clients of forestry professionals, the RPF scheme guarantees that the Registered Professional Forester they are engaging has been assessed by expert practitioners and deemed to possess the experience, skills and knowledge identified by the RPF Registration Committee for that forester’s area/s of expertise.
Steve is an active member of the Institute of Foresters of Australia, who have recently amalgamated with the Australian Forest Growers, and is a member of the NSW Divisional Committee.
Steve is a current Director and Vice President of Timber NSW, the peak body representing the timber and forest products industry in NSW, including processors, harvest and haul contractors and private landowners.
Steve currently serves on:
- the NSW North East Pilot Forestry Hub;
- the ForestFit Contractor Training and Certification Scheme Industry Reference Group;
- NSW ITAB for Forestry & Wood Products
A copy of Steve's CV can be downloaded by clicking the following link:
Our business is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. We are committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
"The money is great, but it's even better to be associated with people that one can trust and respect. In a partly dishonest world, that's always a wonderful thing to experience.
Thanks for your organising skills and thanks for your commitment to fair dealing."
Jim, PNF landowner, Nov 2015
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.